Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Real or fake? Either way, forthcoming book by "Congressman X" is roiling D.C.

Get ready to shatter all your idealistic illusions about how government works.

A forthcoming book called The Confessions of Congressman X, purportedly written by a sitting (and rumored to be Democratic) congressman, promises to be an anonymous revelation of everything terrible you've always suspected about America's representatives in Washington. Choice quotes about Congress include:

"Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them."

"My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything."
"Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost."

But voters aren't spared his poison pen, either:

"The average man on the street actually thinks he influences how I vote. Unless it's a hot-button issue, his thoughts are generally meaningless. I'll politely listen, but I follow the money."


http://theweek.com/speedreads/623969/anonymous-congressman-just-published-shocking-book-confirming-worst-fears-about-congress

1 comment:

  1. FAKE and debunked. The internet was trolled by E.A. Blayre III and this character was based on the one in his book, "America Deceived III". Master trolling.

    ReplyDelete